Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day 2008





I headed up to my parents in Kentucky to see them and their new house. I had another surprise waiting me when I got there.....my new "sister." Her name is Teddy and she's about 4 years old. My dad has been wanting a dog since forever. He always wanted my brother and I to have that experience. My mom basically had been putting her foot down against it for 30+ years. So my dad finally took it upon himself to go to the local animal shelter and adopt her. She's so laid back. She hasn't barked once. She loves having her belly rubbed. She has a few quirks like she doesn't like toys?!?!?!?
As for my parents' house, it's nice...certainly not my childhood home but it is nice. But they live sooooo far out into the country, I was shocked. As were they when they bought the place.
Hope everyone else has had a nice Labor Day weekend here in the States.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, so cute. Your dad did a good thing.