Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

And it was just another indication that 2008 can just end. Joey and I were supposed to head to KY Wednesday morning to go see my parents. Well, Tuesday, Joey's appendix decided that it was more important to cause pain and be removed. So, Tuesday night at about 8:30pm, I brought Joey to the ER. By 1am, his appendix was removed. Needless to say, Joey and I didn't head to KY Wednesday morning. Joey was released from the hospital later on Wednesday afternoon and after trying to find a pharmacy to get his medications, it was Wednesday night. We had our Christmas on Christmas Eve just in case he wasn't going to feel well enough to go to KY for Christmas.
After making sure that Joey was okay, I headed to KY and spent Christmas with my brother and parents. I also called Joey several times to make sure that everything was okay. He kept saying that he was feeling better every time I called. So I left KY Saturday morning to return to NC and now I'm just hoping for a couple of days to relax, a Miami win, and maybe some after Christmas shopping before I head back to work on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Aw sorry to hear your 2008 has turned out to be the shits. That's no fun to spend Christmas in the ER!

Lucy said...

Oh my!!! Well, at least Joey is doing well!!! Could have been worse!!! Merry Christmas, Girlfriend!