Friday, December 19, 2008

Frustrations

I haven't posted in a while and I apologize to those who are regular viewers. I've been going through a lot of crap at work. We have a new person who started on the first. How he made it through the interview, I will never understand. My job deals with crises and being able to work quickly. Almost every time this person gets a call, he's like a deer caught in the headlights. Seems to completely forget what he was taught. He claimed that he knew computers. Well, he doesn't and our work is all on the computer. He received more extensive training than my coworkers and me received combined and he still isn't getting it. My job is one where you basically are glued to the phones waiting for calls and doesn't allow for a lot of flexibility. We are supposed to remain logged on the phones for the calls to come through. Our screenings are only supposed to be 5-10 minutes long. He spends about 20 minutes on a screening and then has to log off the phone in order to complete the screening and still fucks it up. Well, idiot boy decides that on the first day he needed to have his schedule changed so he can go ref basketball games. Um...what the hell is more important-your county job or the games? So needless to say, my coworkers and I have had it up to you know where. We've all approached our supervisor on an individual basis AND ended up having a meeting in front of him sharing our frustrations. Nothing is changing and probably won't.
This has been affecting my health, my sleep, and my home life. I'm fed up and it's taking everything within myself not to snap at this idiot. I had to do talk to him yesterday about something and I was shaking so bad. He actually had the audacity to wink at me after I told him what to do. He doesn't understand that he is messing with the wrong people in this unit. So, Jeremy, don't be surprised if someone calls asking you how I can really be when I'm pissed off.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Wow...after venting in that post you've got to be feeling a little better....can't say I didn't chuckle when you called him "idiot boy" tho. Hope things get better...just take a deep breath and go craft something fun!!!