Saturday, February 02, 2008

Life as Jen knows it

I never mean to hurt people, especially the good ones but I know that I have recently hurt someone and I will never be able to apologize enough for it.
I have someone new in my life and it never intended to be more than a friendship. But we both feel a connection and are willing to try this out despite all the hurt that we both have felt over the years thanks to the exes of our lives. He's a fun, kind and caring guy that not many people would be able to stick around and get past his passions to see his complete self. He was there when I got into the accident and he allows me to be who I am. He brings out the wacky side of me, something that not many have been able to do. He's free spirited and I need some of that to counteract my serious nature.
I need money...damn American society that we live in. So part of me is really thinking about getting that little friendship bracelet/bookmark business up and going. Now it's just a matter of taking pictures of what I've already created and starting up the site. It's either that or finding a part-time weekend job or really pushing my ass to get some writing down and published.
Work is a bunch of chaos. As supervisor, I'm in charge of making sure that my people are actually doing their jobs. I've always been the type of person who will give people enough rope to hang themselves. Well, for some, the hanging has already been starting and I'll be having the pleasure of writing them up very soon for not responding or doing the work without the tantrums. Almost every day I hear something new about this person or that person leaving the agency, finacial problems up the ass. How the hell do you lose $500,000? It's nice to have a vision of where you want your agency to go but if you don't have the business intelligence to back it up, it's a problem. At least with Ramon, he had massive ideas but was able to try to achieve them thanks to the environment that we worked in. My current boss can't do that. People are wanting their money back and there is no documentation of where the money went. Not a great feeling. So I'm also trying to figure out if I should be looking hard for another job.
Also, trying to figure out if I should start focusing on finding a new place to live. Mostly so my cats have room to roam around instead of being confined to my room. It is obvious that they are not happy and I need to be looking out for them. Of course, with no money, it can be tricky. Too bad I can't inherit some money from some wealthy person or win the lottery without paying for the ticket. I know that things will work out and that it's just a matter of time. The question is how long is that matter of time going to be?

2 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Jen, I am glad that you found someone new. You deserve to have fun and laugh! Sometimes when you aren't looking is when you find Mr. Right. :)

Lucy said...

I'm so happy for you, Jen...just take it slow and enjoy the ride with the new guy. (I hope that is not who you hurt tho)