Monday, February 23, 2009

I survived the emotional weekend

I made it to NYC and back. Took me 9 hours to get to Scott's thanks to NYC traffic on Staten Island-I was very quickly reminded why I don't live there anymore. Scott and I talked and went out for Mexican. It was difficult to see him again after all this time. I know that it was difficult for him as well considering the reason why I was there. There were several times where I couldn't even look at him because I knew that I would just break down. But Zeitgeist was very happy to see me-not sure if it was because she remembered who I was or if it was just because I was a human who would give her attention.
I met up with Jeremy-the ex-husband-and we spoke for a while about how our lives are not going as well as we would like. It was nice to talk with him again. That was always one thing we did well.
I then met up with Jerome-an ex-to go out for some Indian food.
Then it was back to Scott's for me to sleep and leave at stupid early yesterday morning. Took me 8 hours to get back home with Zeit. And then to deal with all the cats! So far everyone is keeping their distance from Zeit. It helps that she attempts to hiss but sounds more like a hacking cough whenever one of them comes even a little bit close. She seems to appreciate that she can see the outside from the couch. There's only been one swatting episode between Suzie and Zeit. I'm hoping that will be all. So my mission today is to relax and get the couple of errands that I need to do done quickly.

No comments: