Saturday, April 04, 2009

Tonight's stress

So it's 2:42 in the morning and I can't sleep. My mind is focused on Zeit. Vet reported that it is indeed kidney failure. Basically her kidneys are not taking the toxins out of her body like they are supposed to. So Zeit is trying to flush out her body by drinking so much water and is basically pissing pure water. He couldn't determine how long she has and gave me three options for treatment. 1-do nothing. 2-administer fluids at home which can be costly. 3-hospitalize her and they can administer fluids which would be even more costly. I discussed the situation with Scott and we've agreed to basically wait and see. Neither of us can afford option 2 so there is no way option 3 was going to happen. Not that I was going to do option 3 given her age. So now it's the wait and see game. Scott and I are hoping that she will just pass away in her sleep but considering that Zeit is such a pisser and character, she'll never go the way we want her to. So now I'm hoping that when I do decide to bring her in to be put down I do it at the right time-not too soon and certainly not too late.

1 comment:

Dawn T. said...

Jen, my heart goes out to the both of you. (((HUGS))