Saturday, August 15, 2009

Michael Vick

I have tried and tried to remain calm about this whole issue. For anyone who knows me, they know I LOVE the NFL and dogs. Now normally these two things would not go together unless you're talking about the Dogpound for the Cleveland Browns...however thanks to the asshole Michael Vick, these two things have been brought together and not in the best of ways. For anyone living under a rock in the US or out of the US, Michael Vick, one of the better quarterbacks in the league was arrested for dogfighting a couple of years ago. He "did his time" and now has the opportunity to come back and play for a NFL team. He does NOT deserve to come back and play. Just because he served a jail sentence does not bring back all the dogs that died or got injured because of his stupidity. We all know damn good and well that if he had not gotten caught, he would have continued the slaughter and training. Some will say that it was because he was young and immature....bullshit. Put yourself in that ring Michael and see how it feels to be mauled by a dog that is trained to kill....in fact just fucking do it instead of playing for the Philadelphia Eagles.
My opinion is that NO ONE should be given another chance to play in such a high adrenaline driven sport like football if you have been convicted of a "violent" crime-that includes shooting yourself in the leg, dog fighting, DUI, attempted murder, etc. For the fact that the commissioner might possibly give him another chance is fucking beyond me....he's remorseful...bullshit....he got fucking caught and NEVER would have stopped if he didn't get caught and had his so called friends turn him in to save their own hinds.
So let me go back to the fact that the Eagles have signed him....I'm also a huge Donovan McNabb fan...goes back to when he played for Syracuse. The fact that Michael Vick is now on that team and what I heard McNabb say (among the others at that bullshit conference) makes me not a fan anymore....at least until Michael Vick is out of the league. So I won't be wearing that nice jersey that Scott gave me even though it's from Syracuse. I probably won't be wasting my life away watching NFL on Sunday afternoons all because I need to make a point: MICHAEL VICK DOES NOT DESERVE TO COME BACK AND PLAY AFTER WHAT HE DID. So expect some letters Philadelphia and the commissioner because you guys really fucked up this time.

No comments: