Friday, October 28, 2005

Committment

Well, today's the day before the move. The anxiety continues to rise. I know that this is the right decision and I know that Scott feels the same. It's nice to know that I'm willing to be committed to someone again after a big failure. Or maybe I should just be committed? It's funny how sometimes I'll be thinking about Scott and I'll mistakenly call him my hubby or husband to myself. People at work tease me about have several previous engagements and bets are being made on how long Scott and I will last. If we have our way, it will be THE one for both of us. I am committed to Scott and our animal family and eventually our own human family. It's scary for me to actually want to have a child. I guess it's true that when you find the right person, you change. Mostly for the better. But first thing is first...the move. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the moving company will arrive on time and it will take little time to move all of my stuff. Then it will be back to the old apartment on Sunday (before football of course) to make sure that everything is gone and to turn in the keys. Then it will to home. Home...what a nice concept. Home. A place where I feel wanted, comfortable and needed. Not a place that is filled with tension like before. A place where I can sit quietly without yelling. A place where I can watch giant scary snakes being slaughtered. A place for the Queen, the Duchess, the Princess, and the Prince. And of course the human court jesters. Can never forget the court jesters!

1 comment:

silentdibs said...

I'm thinking the Queen and the Duchess are turning out to be more like Big Mama and Little Mama. When the two Kids get added in, all hell will break loose and all bets are off. Personality shifts all over the place, no doubt.

Court jesters? No, I think we're more like serving wenches. Or whatever the male equivalent is...