Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween

Halloween is always different to everybody. I've decided to take some time to reflect on my previous Halloweens. I have memories of singing the Halloween song in Miss Reynold's music class in elementary school. Can't forget the dressing up. Several years, I've been a witch. I know hard to believe, Jen a witch. My parents still have pictures of me dressed up being a miserable angry witch. I'll never forget dressing up as the Syracuse University Mascot. Most people thought I was a pumpkin. Then, of course, going out with Michelle-her a broken heart, me a Syracuse fan. I still have that picture somewhere. Don't ask how old we were!
And of course the restrictions of where we could go to in the neighborhood-"don't go past Erin's house and don't go past Stevenson's." And the treats that were handed out. Mostly the favorites-Snickers and other forms of chocolate. My mother was known for making the little bags of popcorn to hand out. Also remember the neighbors who handed out the little boxes of crayons or other non-food treats.
Can't wait for tomorrow-Halloween candy at least 50% off-need some of the candy store in my office!

No comments: