Monday, October 31, 2005

Nominee

I'm sitting here watching the news and all the talk is about Bush's new nominee. What the heck is wrong with this country? Who gives the right for anyone to have any sort of control over any other's body? I'm mostly speaking about the right of abortion. Yes, let's bring out the guns. Now everyone has the right to their own opinion and mine is this: No one, especially men, should have any control of what a woman does with her body. If a woman is pregnant and chooses to abort the fetus, that's her choice. Personally, if I was pregnant, I wouldn't give the baby up unless it was going to kill me or the baby would not be born alive. I would not abort it just to abort it. I understand that some people feel that the right to abortion is a form of birth control. Even though there are much easier ways of birth control, that is still a woman's choice...and no one should be able to tell a woman how to take care of herself or her unborn child. Especially a court. I could never understand how it could be considered unconstitutional and that the Supreme Court had to make the Roe vs Wade decision so long ago in the first place and now it's threatened all because of Bush. Bush, a boy who decides to go after a man who threatened his father. Bush, a boy, who I believe never ran this country, only followed what Daddy wanted and what he couldn't accomplish in his only term as presidency. I do not understand how people could have voted for Bush not just once but twice. Now we have this boy threatening to take away the rights of humans. Maybe I should have moved out of the country when Bush became president so many years ago.

No comments: