Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Illness

Being sick is never fun, especially when you have had an ailment for several months. You go to doctors and none of them can figure out what's wrong but you know that something doesn't feel right. You get blood drawn and everything appears "normal." You even end up in the emergency room to only have chest xrays done and everything is once again "normal." So what does one do when they have an ongoing pain and has been to several doctors already? For example, I've been having side pains and have gone to a couple of doctors, had the blood drawn, had the xrays and everything is "normal" yet I'm still in pain. I can't keep leaving work early or calling in sick-got to fed the kids and pay the bills. But yet I can't concentrate on my work while cringing in pain. Sleep doesn't seem to help. Lying down or sitting up or even standing seems to lessen the pain. One time, going home on the subway, I couldn't even read I was in so much pain. So what to do? What to do?

No comments: