Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My miserable Tuesday afternoon

Why is that men better known as boys think that it's appropriate to come up to a woman waiting for a bus and start talking with her and calling her beautiful? Why do they insist on bothering and harassing her when she doesn't respond and even give them the roll of the eyes? This was done to me yesterday on my way crosstown and it didn't stop even when I got on the bus. I just don't get it. What gives anyone the right to keep harassing someone? I could understand if I had said thanks or gave them any indication that I was interested. I was cold, late, annoyed that I had to wait for someone who didn't come on time, and wet from the rain. Why the hell would I want anyone to come up to me and try to start talking with me?

No comments: