Tuesday, November 08, 2005

in my reality

Wow! I actually beat the first place team in the fantasy football league. I actually helped kick him out of first place-Scott owes me one now that he's in first place. I wonder how he'll reward me!
Now I sit here, in my office or closet depending on how big or small I'm feeling, waiting for the audit. Every year, my program is audited by New York State. Our audit isn't until next week and since before Labor Day, my supervisor and director have been beyond stressed out. We have had several changes happen this year. We've expanded our case load capacity almost by 50%. That expansion means new hires (4 to be exact) and we also got a parent advocate. This year I also became a certified trainer using a new assessment tool which means that I got to go to Chicago in May for a conference and then come back to NYC and have to help train all of my fellow coworkers. Now imagine a whole bunch of social workers being trained in an assessment tool. We have already a lot of paperwork to do and this just adds to the chaos. This tool is to be used to determine if a child meets the level of care of my program. A lot of my coworkers don't like the tool or the fact that is now a requirement by the state. Needless to say this year has been a stressful one. Almost everyone at work is at each other's throats. Makes it interesting to see others getting mad at the same people for the same reasons.
Now we might be getting another expansion of something completely different-something that I would be overseeing. Now I'm looking forward to the possibility of gaining this component to the state program because I would definitely be doing more administrative work which is something I want but I also want to get out of this field and do something different. Not quite sure what-I've always wanted to start writing and definitely try my hand at selling my craftwork. I guess time will tell what happens in life.

1 comment:

Deneezer said...

Just breathe!!!! You'll survive :D

Love Ya!