Monday, November 14, 2005

This Weekend Part 2

Scott and I made it to good ole Rochester and Ontario this past weekend. He met the folks and they seem to like him. Added bonus! Friday we headed up there and the trip seemed okay. Mom met up with us at the train station and told Scott to call her Barb (something she never has ever done before) and we headed for home. Soon Dad came home and told Scott to call him Mr. Oliver (something that he has never ever done before). We had a wonderful homecooked meal and then went to go meet up with my high school friends, Jack and Michelle. Scott fit in WAY too well with them. Saturday, Scott and I met up with my girlfriend Tricia and her family for a lunch at Applebee's. Scott kept himself occupied with Tricia's youngest daughter, Elizabeth. It was very cute to watch him. Only reemphasizes the wanting of children with him. Then I showed him a tour of my school's (all of them) and I'm still shocked at how much my high school as changed. We also stopped at Lake Ontario to share some quiet quality time together. We then headed back to my parents' home to then go out with Dad to get some fresh Western NY apples. The rest of the day was spent playing Scrabble with my mom (Scott won) and just relaxing. Sunday was a killer-the train was an hour late getting into Rochester and then we were about 1.5 hours late getting into NYC-not even counting the subway trip home. So....I'm extremely glad that the weekend went well and that my parents like Scott. I'm glad that I was able to show Scott where and how I grew up.

1 comment:

silentdibs said...

It was a very quiet weekend for me. Mostly I just sat back and watched things happen. There was plenty of good eats too.