Friday, March 24, 2006

Birthday

I found out yesterday that my all-time favorite band, Live, is playing a concert on my birthday. Hopefully, today I'll be able to manage to wrangle some tickets for Scott and I. Scott will probably be too busy to get them himself but I should be able to see Live on my birthday!!!!! I've seen Live several (6 or 7) times in concert and I've only been disappointed once and I think that it was more because of the audience instead of them. Like most fans, I learned about them after Throwing Copper came out with the single I Alone. Since then, I've been hooked. First it was because the lead singer, Ed, has similar brown eyes to Andre Agassi-yes, superficial and silly reason, but that was the initial hook and then the music. Unlike some other bands that I'm a fan of, there is not one album that I cannot appreciate or enjoy. I've been looking forward to their new album coming out and now the concert. So now after playing Live last night while playing with Scott and Matt, I have several songs running through my head.

2 comments:

silentdibs said...

I hope they kick it ould schoole. I first got into them after seeing a video from the first album, and borrowing the album from mike teller. this would have been right around the end of high school, maybe the first year after.

I like their earlier stuff better, and I'm unusual in really liking their 'experimenting' on V. I think the first album is best (no guitar solos! what a concept!), although my favorite tracks are on Secret Samadhi.

ollie1976 said...

All of the previous concerts I've been to, they play a great mix of all of their stuff and concentrate on their lastest album. So my birthday should be no different