Monday, March 20, 2006

Memories

My mother emailed me the other night to let me know that my first ever job (cashier at Chase-Pitkin) was officially closing it's doors at the end of this week. When Scott and I were up at Christmas, my parents had informed me that they were closing all around Rochester because of Home Depot and other big name hardware stores. I don't have the fondest of memories from working there during high school and part of college. I was also stuck closing, which I hated. Doing returns was not my thing. I just overall hated being a cashier.
Now what I find rather interesting in all of this is that my college (Southampton College) also closed it's doors the beginning of the academic year 2005-2006 due to financial matters. Does anyone else notice a pattern here? Let me add to the pattern and state that my former job (LSS) was also almost shut down before I left the agency to come to my affiliation. Go figure. Wonder what else will be next?

No comments: