Friday, June 22, 2007

This Week's Adopt a Pet (Local)


This is a Red Ear Slider Turtle

Size: Large
Age: Adult
Gender:
ID:

Notes: Red ear slider turtle will need large (70 gallon or larger) aquarium or secure back yard pond. These turtles grow large and need adequate space. Diet of floating turtle pellets, cooked chicken, shrimp, krill, water lettuce, water hyacinth, duckweed, other greens, fruits.
A good filter is a must as well as good uvb, basking lamp (or combo) and basking area.

ADOPTION APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTION - Form can be downloaded and mailed in or submitted online -
http://turtlerescues.com/adoption_form.htm There are no shipping fees for RES, however there is a $10 per turtle adoption fee. Please do not send inquiries, submit an adoption application along with photos and when we will reply. Thank you. *NOTE* Picture shown is not actual turtle for adoption. We get them in all the time so size and colors will vary.
Can be found at Turtle Rescue of Long Island

3 comments:

Dawn T. said...

I can't let my son see this pic or I know we will be at the pet store later! LOL

Lucy said...

We have a red eared slider. He is the coolest turtle ever. He's only about 2 years old. We're looking for a bigger aquarium for him. What personalities these little guys have...very very smart!

Lucy said...

Hey, Jen...I see you have Twitter. I want to invite you to be on my "Friends" list but I don't have your email. You can invite me with gfigure@yahoo.com if you want.