Thursday, December 27, 2007

Life in between drives

Made it safe and sound despite traffic and downpours yesterday. Of course, I come home and stuff in my room has been rearranged...even after I asked that nothing be moved. Very frustrating and pisses me off to no extent. The kids were very happy to see me so that made me feel better. Also come home to more Christmas presents....from exes no less. Scott had sent me a book by one of my favorite authors and the British version of Whose Line is it Anyway? I'm sure that I'll be laughing like mad very soon. Jerome had sent me the last Pirates of the Caribbean DVD, a calendar of Whales and Dolphins, and the board game version of Are you Smarter Than a 5th Grader? I guess I know what I'll be doing once he comes down for a visit.
As for Christmas presents from my family-my brother gave me gift cards to Target and Pet Smart. My parents gave me a digital camera with printer, a homemade crocheted afghan, a crochet book, socks from their trip to Canada, chocolate, gift cards to Kings Flour, some blouses and pants, and a pair of earrings from their trip. Overall, a good day. They all appreciated what I made for them.
I spent a lot of time playing Scrabble and other games with my mom and brother to pass away the time. I did get to see my friend Chad, from high school. It was great seeing him after all these years and well worth the trip in so many ways. I was able to get what I needed, unfortunately, it just made me realize how much I was needing it. Oh well. Now it's back to the grind, but at least it's a short week.

No comments: