Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Motivation....or lack there of

So any of you who know me or have been reading my blog over the last several years, know that I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight. I can't even remember the last time that I was "thin." Yes, I was 1.2 pounds from my goal weight when I was with Scott but that went out the door very quickly. The only "skinny" picture of me that I can remember is from when I was like ten. So weight has always been a problem. Lately it's been, I'll get up and workout to only then stop a few days later. I've asked friends and family to try to support me but that quickly stopped and I don't understand why it did. That certainly didn't help with me keeping up my end of the bargain in focusing and exercising and concentrating on what I need to eat to better myself-even though I tried. So again, today, after chatting with a dear friend last night about our weight issues, I got up and worked out. Not sure how long this will last. I really wish I had the money to go to the gym because when I had the gym membership before, I was using it. I made a point of using it. But being a broke ass social worker....doesn't help me do what I really want to do. What's even more pathetic is that I live on a beautiful lake that has a 3 mile walking path around it. You would think that I would just go and walk it but nope, not I. I really need to just go and do it. There is nothing stopping me but myself.

No comments: