Friday, July 28, 2006

Date Night Lives on

I guess unofficially, Scott and I attempt to go out on a "date" every week or so. It lets us go out and do something different. Tonight we decided to take advantage of one of the restaurants that extended NYC's Restaurant Week. We went to Trio, a Mediterrean restaurant in Kips Bay. It was nice having no one else there eating dinner (yes, we go against typical New Yorkers and had an "early" dinner). Food was decent. Scott had pasta. I had salmon. Conversation was good. One of the better dinner dates in my opinion.
For those of you who do not live in the Big Apple or have never heard of restaurant week, it is where some of the upper scale restaurants set up a 3 course menu of some of their dishes. Patrons get to choose an appetizer, entree, and dessert all for $35. Not bad by NYC standards. I would like to take advantage of this again as Scott and I don't do it often. Just a nicer scale casual dining restaurant.

No comments: