Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Vacation Post

Deciding to spend my lunch time writing about my little trip to Florida. So I landed Wednesday night without any issues. Met Denise's roommate/whatever you want to call him, John, and proceeded to have dinner (homemade burritos and margaritas-yummy) which then developed into a couples' therapy session which lasted about 3 hours. Things were brought to light and I'm hoping that the participants can understand where the other is coming from. Lots of mixed messages and things that I haven't seen. Which pissed me off.
So then Thursday, Denise and I headed to drive around Florida-went to a fantastic bagel shop, went to her former roommate, Byung's house where I met him and his mother. I felt that the whole house just oozed negativity and depression. Didn't help that Denise has been going through some financial bs and was upset about that. After meeting Byung and his mother, we headed to her house to get her mail and then to Downtown Disney where we did a little shopping and a little eating. Got Natalie a great little Chesire cat which she is loving (thanks again Natalie) and some cute little Eeyore earrings for me.
Friday was Denise's birthday and after continuing her financial bs we headed off to Universal Studios to later meet up with John. However, John had messaged Denise later on to say he wasn't coming. Let's just say Denise wanted to feed John to Jaws (the ride that we were waiting for at the time). He did come and we all went on E. T. We then went to pick up my sexy man at the airport and then off to the Cheesecake Factory for Denise's birthday dinner. I didn't eat anything since I was saving myself for the cheesecake! Then it was back to the house.
Saturday, we were off to Mollie's wedding party (she got married in Vegas on Halloween). We met Uncle Gerry, Christina, Denise's parents at Aunt Jan's and then headed over to Jeremy's grandparents' home. The house was in a cool Vegas theme and the food was tasty. Face paint was broken out and no one was saved.....
Sunday, we went to Denise's parents lovely home were Grandma was introduced to Scott along with Daisy (see picture below) and Ellie....the original crackhead. We had some Uncle Ricky BBQ (my request) and some delicious lemon cake (Denise's request).
Monday, it was off to Sea World, one of my usual favorite Florida tourist hangouts. This time, I wasn't thrilled with the Shamu show and that sent the tone for the day. Too much people interaction. We headed off to the hospitality house for some free beer and to the other animals.
Tuesday, we puttered around Orlando until it was time to go to the airport...and man, did we stay at the airport. Our flight was 2 hours delayed and we didn't get home until about 12:30am.
I do have to say that Denise has the cutest cat, Rusty, and the most pathetic dog, Louis. :) I would spend every morning and evening with the 2 of them. Rusty actually gives kisses.
Anyway, thank you to John and Denise for their hospitality. Thank you to Scott for agreeing to come down and meet the rest of my wacky maternal side of the family.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Wow....sounds like you have a sitcom family on your hands there! Glad you're back! (thanks for noticing the weight loss on my blog!)

Anonymous said...

What a busy vacation! Sounds like lots of visiting and time at theme parks. Glad your back!