Sunday, July 08, 2007

So

Thank you to everyone for the sympathy comments regarding my grandmother. In trying to make plans to go down to Florida for the service, my father has informed me that the service is only going to be about 20 minutes at the cemetery and that it wasn't worth me flying down. So, I'm not going to the service. I'm actually glad-I don't do well at funerals and with this side of the family-we're not close and there is a lot of history between me and some of the members-stuff that I don't feel like dealing with so I guess it's a good thing that I'm not going and having to see them. So, I'm going to have tomorrow off and do my own little memorial for my grandmother since I already put in for the day.
Things seem to be going on track with something I mentioned awhile ago. Scott and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean and out dinner Friday night. We both had a good time and are still discussing the movie. Yesterday we lounged around and watched a couple of movies. Today we are doing the dreaded cleaning of the apartment-not just the usual pick up of things-the deep-down scrubbing, etc. I'm not looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Jen, I am so sorry for your loss!

Dawn T. said...

Big hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure a sympathy card to the right person will be sufficient. Sounds like you're on the cusp of a Junk Rampage! It'll feel good when it's over and the apartment is squeaky clean.