Thursday, July 03, 2008

Latest on the job front

I went into my old office yesterday to volunteerily meet with the governing agency to triage the clients. It took about 2 and a half hours for my friend Jen and I to go through almost everyone. Jen and I also agreed to temporarily work for the county to help transition these families to their new agencies. So at least I have some little money coming in but the job isn't going to last long.
Tuesday evening, I had found out that some people received the rest of their May pay...you can imagine how livid I was because I wasn't like everyone else and refused to work or had their contract terminated. So yesterday, I had the pleasure of confronting my former supervisor. I had a feeling about what excuse she was going to use (the people had continued to be there) and was told that after their meeting with the lawyers they could only make 2 checks-one to the person who can bill (which I'm fine with) and the lawyers (why the fuck should they get a check before everyone else? No offense to any lawyers out there-just a little frustration). So now I really have no idea if I'll get paid and if so, when.
I completely feel like I did when I was married and could never get a straight answer. At least, then I was only dealing with Jeremy and Donna. This time, it's a whole bunch of people and it's beyond frustrating.
And then to top it all off....I didn't get the job I had recently interviewed for. My resume has been sent off to various places and I haven't really gotten any callbacks. I'm debating on if I should hit the pavements and go to store to store to see if they're hiring.

No comments: