Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The end is almost here

My paternal grandmother (can you tell I'm a social worker?) is slowly dying. She's had her last rites given to her last week. She's becoming unresponsive. She doesn't have the will to live. So it's just a matter of time before I head to Florida for a burial. I'm not looking forward to seeing this side of my family. They've always been the ones who hardly gave a damn about me, my brother, or my mother. In fact, I've disowned one of my cousins because of his bullshit from years ago. If and when I go, I'm only going to support my father. Hopefully, I won't be asked anything by certain members because I'm sure that it will cause a big conflict...something that need to be said years ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

{hugs} I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.