Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mad House

After work, I decided to check out the Plant Sale at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. Today was just for BBG members. The gates were supposed to open at 4:30 but the one gate that I went to wasn't open until about 4:40pm. One woman was so angry about being 10 minutes late. Once I actually got to the area where the sale was, it was just a mad house-People brought wagons and carts to carry around their plants. Almost no one was conscientious of others around them or their wagons. Just madness. I did get some plants-a cactus, African violet, and a low light house plant that just looked cool (dark purple and green). Now I'm home waiting to hear to see how late Scott will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a mob scene for a plant sale. Seems a little incongruous. My aunt had a similar NYC story like that at Christmas time! We were laughing about the "Christmas spirit"!