Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter weekend

Barely means anything to me these days. Being raised Catholic, it should mean something, but it doesn't. The commerialism means more to me than the actually religious reasons do. I do have fond memories of Easter Sunday mornings where Jim (my brother) and I searched for Easter eggs, making Easter eggs, and candy baskets. One year, my parents got me a 6-pack of Snickers and hid each individual bar for me to find. I had one boyfriend give me a huge Easter basket filled with all of my favorites, just because he knew I would appreciate it, and I did. This year will probably be quiet, which is fine. No hidden eggs. No baskets filled to the brim with chocolate and black jellybeans. At least the candy will be on sale tomorrow so I can pick it up cheap.

1 comment:

silentdibs said...

Yeah, of the major holidays, Easter has the least character to me (in terms of family and tradition), especially now that there is no religious significance to it from me either.

eating the ears off of white chocolate bunnies is cool though.