Monday, April 24, 2006

This weekend

Saturday was one of those days where you just didn't want to leave the house let alone really get out of bed. We chilled out, played video games and bored games. Just a very relaxing day. Sunday was a rainy miserable day where we had to get groceries in preparation for Monopoly/Retro Game day. Despite snacks didn't all turn out how I wanted, the games were fun and I think that all that attended had a good time. It was interesting playing and setting this day up with "gamers." The people who play several types of games and usually have their social lives incorporated with games in some fashion. Not necessarily nerds or geeks (even there is a website for boardgamers called boardgame geek) but people who just love games. My favorite game, Monopoly, has been frowned upon by gamers because of the "house" rules. So the main point of Sunday was to show these gamers that Monopoly can be a fun game when played by the rules that are in the rulebook-no house games allowed. I think that the point was made despite some gamers not wanting to participate-which is fine. More Monopoly for me then! Last summer I had played Monopoly several times (at least 20) with just one other person so it was interesting to play with 4. Unfortunately, I lost the two games that were played but still had a good time-even with Scott spanking my ass in the first one-damn orange brownstone on Greenwich Village!!!!!! (played NYC edition).
Today was back to work and even though I had to make a wasted trip to Manhattan, reconnecting with my friends from my previous position was good.

No comments: