Thursday, April 20, 2006

The joys of the FUCKING commute

Now for my regular readers, you know that I have a 3 hour total commute, when the trains want to run properly, every day until I don't know when. So today, I tried to take a different commute, one with more express trains, and it took me almost 2 fucking hours to get home. First, on the first local, the one where I don't have any choice but to take, a sick passenger was on board and it wasn't at a stop where I could switch trains. Luckily, it took EMS about 4 minutes, yes I counted, to get the passenger off the train. Then I changed to an express train, one where they're doing track work so it's a little delayed-I figured that I would still be okay-yeah right. So then I get off in Brooklyn and wait and wait for one of the two trains that stops on my stop. I get on the the first one, happens to be an express, but it's crowded. I still get on and wouldn't you know, there are some people taking up too much room and ones with huge bags on their shoulder. Guess who I got to stand next to? A woman who has no concept of how much space she's taking up with her damn bag that was rubbing against me and another woman. Now when I stand, I barely move, and this damn woman had the nerve to say at one point how I was rubbing up against her. Now....if she didn't have the damn bag in the way, I wouldn't have to keep pushing it out of the way and then she wouldn't have to move into me.
This coming on a day where I'm trying to still get over my illness and I hear news about work that has totally pissed me off (read that one and you know who you are).
So now as I try to calm down and relax, I'm rushed to eat and put in a movie before Survivor. I guess for my sanity, it's a good thing that Scott isn't coming immediately home-gives me some time to cool down and not accidentially take out my frustration on him. So now onto The Fox and the Hound.

No comments: