Thursday, February 23, 2006

New people in my life

Well, I went to my writing group last night and met some interesting people. There were 4 of us-2 guys, another woman, and me. The strangest thing that occurred was before anyone even met. I had been waiting for the others while, Roy, who had been scoping me since he placed his tea order, came and asked to sit down. I could tell that something was amiss and tried fairly hard in keeping him from sitting down but he wouldn't take no for an answer. Luckily he sat across from me. What was very funny was how he approached me. He called me Sad Eyes and asked if he could join me so he could find out why I was so sad. All I could do was chuckle. My thoughts went immediately to Scott and how happy I am. Soon Kristina joined me in dealing with Roy. Roy claimed that he was a writer and had a meeting with a PR person that was going to help him get his work published. He also claimed that he had been up for the last 48 hours and that he had come from Canada that morning. Eventually he started commenting on the fact that he was a carpenter and that he hated condos, etc. It was all I could do to stop trying to laugh. Luckily, my work in social work helps me deal with characters like this. Then Jonathan came and we all again appeased this poor man who admitted to drinking half a bottle of Jack Daniels. It came down to Roy claiming that he had written songs for Bob Dylan and Eric Clapton. He gave us a singing demonstration along with a poetry reading. Luckily, by the time that Jake arrived, Roy had to leave. For the next hour, the 4 of us got to know a little bit about our backgrounds and figured that we would meet every other week to see how that goes. Definitely an interesting night.

No comments: