Tuesday, September 11, 2007

6 years later

As many of you know, today is the 6-year anniversary of 9/11-the day where two planes hit the World Trade Center-a New York City landmark that is no longer. Several lost their lives. Several more were affected by it. I used to work about 3 blocks away from the WTC. Luckily, I had left that job August 31. I might not be here if I hadn't. I still think back to that day almost every time I'm on the Staten Island Ferry and heading back to Manhattan. I have not been back to the site since that day and probably never will. I feel for the ones who lost their loved ones on that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're safe, Jen!

It was a sad, sad day. :(

Jenna said...

Wow, Jen, I didn't realize that it hit THAT close to hom for you. For the record, I'm glad you weren't there! :D