Tuesday, October 09, 2007

It's official

I submitted my resignation on Friday. I had to wait until yesterday to make sure that they got it. My bosses are upset-they've been known to place bets on my life-haven't you guys learned anything yet? Some are upset that I'm leaving in general, meanwhile others are upset that I made them lose the bet. Some of my coworkers were surprised-I don't know why since I told them ahead of time that I was looking to leave.
It feels strange to resign from a place that I've been there for the past 6 years. They have seen me at my worst and my best. They've seen me at my craziness (Albany anyone?) and at my sanest (whatever that means). I will certainly miss them and I hope to keep in touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think submitting a resignation and leaving a job is more stressful than starting a new job!

Felicity said...

One of life's biggest stresses, in fact. All will go well, I'm sure. It's better to do something than nothing if what you are searching for is a change from where you are at now (I wish a few more people would do it). The future looks bright, kiddo. Time to save for that dream holiday you mentioned (a few $$ a week) - you've got the accommodation organised!