Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend

I can actually say I had a relaxing weekend. Friday afternoon/evening, Joey and I just vegged out-went out to dinner and stopped by GameStop. Saturday we went to Umstead State Park-a place that neither one of us had been to. Despite losing car keys (by Joey) and walking in flipflops for almost 3 miles (by me), we really had a good time. We saw a beautiful young buck in the forest. I definitely want to go back, even if it's by myself so I can go walking. Of course, not in flipflops again.
Sunday, we headed to the library where we had another little adventure. We noticed the traffic lights were out and were curious on what caused the power outage. When we got to the library, there was a minor bit of chaos. No lights, people stuck in the elevators, others waiting for the computers. Joey and I proceeded to look for his books for his research paper for school (I can't even begin to tell you how proud of Joey I am in regards to how well he's doing in school). As we were being told by one of the library staff that we wouldn't be able to check out the books or even get me a library card (anyone else remember the good ole days when everything was done by paper?), the power came back. Joey was able to get his books and I was able to get my card.
After a somewhat emotional rollercoaster thanks to work and a couple of other incidents, I'm glad to have the weekend I just had...even though CSI PS2 game is frustrating me!

No comments: