Friday, September 15, 2006

Survivor

Thanks to Sue who reminded me that I wanted to post about Survivor.
So Survivor: Cook Islands, started last night and they decided to divide groups up by ethnicities. When I first heard about this, I was a little shocked but then I read an article in Entertainment Weekly which explained that they were trying to get more diverse people on the show. Good enough reason. Now after watching the first episode, I was glad that the stereotypes didn't really play a factor in the show. I won't provide any spoilers but I wasn't surprised with who got voted off.

2 comments:

silentdibs said...

I've said this before, but I don't see how this is any different then the divisions by age and gender they've done previously. I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea, but I think it's possible to do a bad job of it. I think they've got the right spin -- it gets people talking about it, which is better than most race topics these days.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Scott and also think that 1 week of thirst, starvation, discomfort and annoying people will level the playing field.