Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Birthday Review part deux

My official birthday present from Scott was done last night-Scott had gotten tickets to see Tarzan on Broadway. Despite the cramped seats and the amount of children at the show, I enjoyed myself. Even Scott, who isn't a fan of musicals, chuckled a few times throughout the show. I'm a fan of Phil Collins and was looking forward to hearing his new songs for the musical. Most of the songs had that Phil touch to it and to me, they were obvious. Josh Strickland, former American Idol finalist, played Tarzan and I was very impressed with his voice. The actor who played Turk stole away the show with his antics and singing, however, I kept thinking about Rosie O'Donnell, who played Turk in Disney's cartoon movie. Overall it was an enjoyable show. Not the best musical I've seen nor the worse. So thanks Scott for purchasing these tickets all those months ago.

No comments: