Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My last day of being 29

With just a few more hours left of my last day of being 29 and so far so good. Today I was taken out to lunch by my coworkers and even though they tried to keep it a surprise, I did end up finding out what was going on but still had a good time. One of my coworkers was asking me if there was anything that I haven't done in my 20's or anything that I need to say and I was pretty much like no, I've done my time, made my mistakes, learned my lessons. I do find it surprising that just 10 years ago I was a junior in college and involved with Mike, dealing with double majoring, etc. To think that I've been engaged a few times, married, 3 different jobs, going through a divorce, no kids, suicide, losing friends, gaining and regaining old friends, years filled of yelling. Now that I'm leaving my 20's, I look to my 30's and what my future will hold. I have what I would like to have happen (marrying again, kids, move out of NYC, new job, etc). So I raise my glass to my 20's and thank them and drink to my 30's.

No comments: