Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What's so different now?

Scott and I got into a conversation last night regarding cheating and what we feel is qualifying as cheating. Afterwords, I sat and thought that I really have no desire to be with any other person. I looked at Scott and asked what is it about him? In most of my other relationships, I've cheated. And certainly within the 9 month mark which Scott and I are quickly approaching. Is it because I've decided to grow up? Is it because Scott tries and usually succeeds in treating me the way I should be treated? Is it because I am truly experiencing love and everything that comes with it? Most of my other relationships I've been tired of them and am trying to figure out how to get rid of them. I'm usually starting fights for no reason...daily fights. Others, I've put so much of myself into the relationship and then get burned badly. Then I get to thinking that last year after the last major incident with Jeremy, I decided to start fresh. I went out with a couple of guys and realized that they weren't it for me...until I met Scott. With Scott, things are different. I'm relaxed when I'm home. I am truly happy being with Scott. Being with him has opened up my eyes to possibilities that I never thought were for me. I have had faith of love reinstilled into me-something which I thought was impossible after marrying my best friend and losing him almost as quickly as I met him.

No comments: