Thursday, August 23, 2007

Gulp

Just made the first huge step in getting the hell out of Dodge (or New York City). Just made flight reservations to North Carolina. I'm going down to check out the area-see if I'm ready for the state and if the state is ready for me. I'm very thankful that my college girlfriend, Tracy, lives down there and is willing to have me live with her until I get settled. She has a state job and works in a similar field to what I do so she has been extremely helpful. I've been sending my resume and hopefully something will come through.
To think, I've been in NYC for 9 years in October and I'm really making the steps to get out of here. Who would have thought that I would have lasted here for so long? Of course, I've had my reasons for staying-boys, husband, job, Scott. But now that everything has changed, I don't have any reason to stay. This wasn't how I thought I would be leaving the City but oh well. Life is full of changes and it's all in how you react to those changes.
Very anxious about what my future will be having for me.

5 comments:

Casa Pearl said...

You go girl! I applaud your for making things happen. I am working towards getting out of Maine and thinking of NC or SC as well. Good luck and I'll be following your adventures!

Dawn T. said...

Yay! Once you take the leap I am sure you will do great in NC.

Linda R. Moore said...

Hiya,

I came to this blog via Phelan (a homesteading neophyte) and am just saying howdy. I have also done this kind of huge change, and it worked out beautifully. So, good luck, and I'll keep watching and wishing you well. :)

Unknown said...

Good for you! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh good luck! Change is good. This will be a new adventure for you!