Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Back to the Big Apple

Scott and I made it through our first Christmas together. We made it up to my parents' on Friday with no MAJOR incidents. There was this petite woman who was standing in front of us that was letting people cut in front of her and the hundred people behind her. I had to tell one family that there was a line and they moved with no attitude. This "woman" asked me if I wanted to get in front of her to "police" everyone else. I kindly told her no and figured that she saw that people behind her didn't want people cutting in front of her, she would have learned her damn lesson. Nope, she let a woman in front of her and then started going on about Christmas spirit and the strike being over. Well, she's lucky I didn't pick up her size 2 body and chuck her across Penn Station. Even Scott was surprised that I didn't lash out. Well, when they were loading up the train, several people tried and some succeeded to cut in but what was funny is that people behind Scott and I stated that they would "police" and kept telling people that there was a line. It was funny. So thank you to that woman behind us getting the last word in.
Train ride was uneventful. We both read and slept. We were picked up by my mother and went off to Bruggers to get the dozen bagels and cream cheese. Yummy!!! Then we went home. We had Cam's for dinner-man have I missed those wings. Saturday we made it out to Crazy Egor's-a well known game store that Scott has been wanting to go to. Now, my father rarely plays games. I mean almost absolutely never. He's game, yes singular, is Euchre. So to see my father take us to this game store was interesting. Scott was like a little kid in a candy store. He went straight to the war games and started looking for stuff for Matt and himself. He did very well in there-probably because he knew that we were on a time schedule. He managed to come out with about 5 or 6 games. We then went to Annie and Bob's to pay them a short visit. Annie's changed a little bit-actually talking about getting rid of her cats-one that she's had for 12 years. Then it was to home for stuffed shells. Another yummy. Can't forget the Christmas cookies that Mom made too. Date nut pinwheels, sugar cookies, Pecan logs, and Chocolate Cherry drops. All delicious.
Sunday was Christmas. Scott and I opened our stockings. Santa had sent me on a special mission to get stuff for Scott's stocking and I, being the little Elf, had fun doing it. We waited for my brother to arrive and then had Christmas. Scott surprised me with a Syracuse Donovan McNabb Jersey-totally rocks! He also got me my favorite player, Bryan Cox and one of my favorite PC games-Dungeon Keeper. Now I need to set up my computer!!! Overall a good morning. Still a little disappointed with my brother but hey, that's what happens when he waits until the last minute to do his shopping. A Miami Dolphins belt????
Yesterday we came home. The train was late-not as late as it has been in the past and it would have been fine with the exception of this family from Chicago. One kid kept stating that she was bored-she was lucky, especially when she woke me up, that I didn't give her a better reason to be bored. Their guardian seemed a little off mentally and that bothered me too. Luckily for Scott, he was playing with his PSP and had his headphones on so he didn't have to listen to the crap.
Last night, Scott set up our new entertainment center and it looks really nice. Unfortunately, Scott did this all being sick and this morning he still isn't feeling well.
Now for my vacation!!!!!

No comments: