Saturday, December 31, 2005

Resolutions

For the last few years I had decided not to make any New Year's resolutions. Mostly because I'm not as hard on myself as I should be sometimes to actually follow through on them. It also leads to disappointment in myself which, at times, I cannot emotionally deal with it. So I tell myself that there are things that I will try to do. This year they are much of the same that I've done in the past. And sometimes it's worked out and sometimes it hasn't. As long as I know that I tried to do better for myself, that's all that matters in my book. I basically want to get on track with my weight. I would love for this year to be the year that I made my goal. Just make it. Not even necessarily maintain it. I know that I can do it. I've been that close in the past but then life wanted to reel it's ugly head and credit card companies wanted their money so I couldn't afford my gym membership anymore. So this year, I'm going to make a point of getting up earlier and work out at home and then get ready for work. The neighbors might not appreciate it but you know what, it's for me and they tend to have little respect for their neighbors when they decide to blast their music all hours of the night. I'm going to try to make all of my WW meetings. At least I'll have a monitoring system reestablished which is something I need. As for emotionally well being, I'm going to try to not let stupid tourists and others get on my nerves like they have in the past. This is going to probably be the hardest for me to do. I sometimes have no patience tolerance. But I do know that I have a better piece of mind in my life and know that it will probably only bite me in the ass in the long run. I'm also going to work on making sure that Scott and I survive any sort of trouble that comes our way. I know that communication is key and I'm going to try to let him in, especially when I need it, which is another thing that is not easy for me to do thanks to Jeremy and others. I've had walls built up for so long that it is hard for them to come down brick by brick but Scott is that important to me. I'm also going to talk with my crackhead cuz just because I can't imagine not talking with her daily and when we don't speak, it feels strange so Denise, let's keep those text messages coming! As for work, I just found out that my agency got the big purposal/contract that we were fighting for so my job will be changing. That should be interesting. I just to need to stay focused with work and do what I need to do. I'm also going to try to get some writing published, even if it is just a poem or something simple like that. I'm also going to be more crafty and get my projects accomplished. So Happy New Year to everyone and if you make resolutions, I hope that you are able to accomplish at least one of them this year.

No comments: