Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas in Connecticut

Tomorrow Scott and I are off to spend Christmas with his family as he is going to my parents' home for Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing his family again but at the same time, I know I'm going to have feelings of guilt. This will be the first Christmas that Scott will not be with his family. Even though he made the decision last year that this year he would not necessarily be with his family for Christmas this year, I still feel a little uneasy. I've had a few Christmas's away from my family and I know that it isn't easy to be gone for the first one. I know that his family doesn't fully want to accept that Scott will not be there on the 25th and I hope that they don't add to my feelings of guilt. At Thanksgiving, Scott's father showed that he was upset that Scott wouldn't be home, and I felt horrible. Now I know that Scott made the decision, especially after I stated how important it was for me to be home for Christmas since I hadn't been there last year, but I still feel bad. I think that overall this weekend will be fun and that my feelings will probably be slightly unreasonable.

No comments: