Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Why can't the past stay the past?

Everyone is guilty of it-thinking about an anniversary of an ex love-but the difference is how you handle it. For the last several years, I've had different anniversaries regarding different exes. The only anniversary that I dread is my wedding anniversary-New Year's Eve. Last year, I was with Sal and it was miserable. This year I'm with Scott and I'm hoping that it will be better. I need Scott's strength to get through it and make me forget what I had done 3 years previously. Not that I'll ever forget but at least it won't hurt as much as it has in the past.
Currently, I'm trying to be strong for Scott in dealing with his feelings about his own past and anniversaries. I admit, it's hard, especially with how things went down with him and her. I can understand where his feelings are coming from and it's that understanding that keeps me here, trying to be strong for him, for us. Sometimes I don't understand why they're as strong as they are since she broke his heart. But like, I've been saying since I met Scott, their mistakes and losses, our gain and that is what I keep trying to focus on: our future, our love, our friendship.

No comments: